Hey friends ! happy Tuesday. I hope you all are doing great. Today I am here with one of the most nutritive whole grain ‘QUINOA‘ . Lately I have started eating quinoa and I am so in love with its taste and all the nutritive power it holds.
Never eat ingredients you cannot pronounce, except QUINOA !!
Originated in South America, Quinoa has nutrient content similar to wheat and rice. This gluten free super grain is high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Benefits of Quinoa
- It is very high in Fiber, much higher than most grains with one source finding 17-27 grams of fiber per cup.
- Gluten free. A gluten-free diet can be healthy, as long as it is based on foods that are naturally gluten free.The problems arise when people eat “gluten free” foods made with refined starches instead. These foods are no better than their gluten-containing counterparts, because gluten free junk food is still junk food.
- Very High in Protein, With All The Essential Amino Acids.
- It helps in Blood Sugar Control as it has Low Glycemic Index(measure of how quickly foods raise blood sugar levels and lower the level of Glycemic index lower will be the appetite).
- It is high in Important Minerals Like Iron And Magnesium. Being a good source of Carbohydrates its not good for low-carb diet.
- Because of high amount of beneficial nutrients it leads to improvement of metabolic health.
- It is Very High in Antioxidants.
- It may help You Lose Weight. Yesssssss!!!! you heard it right . As quinoa hold properties that increase metabolism and reduce appetite. Being a good source of fiber, it gives you the feeling of fulfillment again leading you to eat less.
Why You Should Try Quinoa
The coming future super grain is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. That is a fact. And, I am definitely hooking in “Our star of the healthy grains” in my diet and will hope you also do the same.
I will be posting some interesting , tasty and easy to cook quinoa recepie.
Stay tuned to live healthy 🙂
Cheers & Love