One of the latest Pinterest trend ‘Naked Cake’ are so popular nowadays. Bakers these days are holding back for too much frosting for the cakes(that’s good too) and are giving cakes the naked look. They look too beautiful and just make a perfect choice for your events.
Recently I made a vanilla and pineapple naked cake. See how beautiful it turned out .
Supplies for Naked Cake:
- Vanilla Cake mix
- Vanilla Frosting
- Fresh flowers (your choice and colors)
- Cake Decorative
Supplies for Pineapple Filling:
- Sugar ( according to the sweetness of your pineapple)
- Pineapple finely diced (20 ounce)
- Cornstarch (3 tablespoon)
- Salt (1/4 tablespoon)
- Vanilla Extract (optional)
Step 1 :
Bake your cake. Here, I used Betty crocker vanilla cake mix. Following all the instructions on the back of the box I baked these cake pieces. One single pack is enough to get cakes as below. You can also refer to this youtube video.
- Start preparing Pineapple filling. While your cake is getting baked start with pineapple filling. For this add finely diced pineapple, sugar , salt and cornstarch in a pan and set it on a medium flame.
- Make sure to move the mixture continuously so as it does not stick to the pan. sugar will burn if left unattended. So be careful while doing this.
- Once sugar starts melting and pineapple is soften, remove it from the burner and set it aside in the the refrigerator to cool down.
Start assembling the cake. Remove all the hard and rough edges of the cake with the help of knife. With vanilla frosting around put pineapple filling on the top of cake. Place the second cake over it gently.
Decorate the cake with your choice of flowers and colors. Here I have used yellow, orange and pink color roses. Make sure to wash the flowers properly to remove them from pesticides. Also I have used decorative sprinklers.
I hope you liked this 🙂 🙂
Cheers & Love